The government in an effort to speed up the passport application and provide comfort requires all applicant to secure an appointment prior to visiting any DFA office or Philippine embassy for new application or renewal.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to schedule an individual appointment online:
- Navigate to https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment and then read the Terms and Conditions as provided on the page.
- Check the box to agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions on the use of the online scheduling and appointment system.
- Select the nearest DFA office to your home or office. Note that the address and contact number of the DFA office of your choice will be provided on the same page so jot them down. These information are helpful if you wish to cancel or ask for clarification later on.
- Choose the date and time that work best for you. You can choose from Monday to Friday, from 10am until 4pm, or Saturday, from 10am until 2pm. You have to pay more if you set an appointment on Saturday though. Press Next when done.
- Now, add your personal information on the next page. Check the spelling and contact number before going to the next page.
- The next page is family information. Just add your parents name and their nationality, and hit Next.
- Select the appointment type and the basis of your Philippine citizenship.
For those who are acquired their citizenship by election, naturalization or re-acquisition must bring with them the proof of their citizenship on the date of personal appearance before the DFA office.
- Provide your contact information on the next page.
- Review your information and then tick the box to acknowledge and forward your application.
- After clicking the button, you will be redirected to a page to choose the processing type: (1) regular or (2) express. The regular processing takes 12 working days while the express takes 6 or 7 working days only.
- Press the Pay Now button and you’ll be redirected to the confirmation page.
- By this time, you will receive the transaction number through email. Check the inbox of the email address that you submitted in the appointment application.
- Pay the amount due at any partner payment center. That’s it.